Updated 25 Sept 2017
General info and articles on getting married in Rarotonga
- Rarotonga Weddings (Facebook Group)
A closed Facebook Group for couples planning a wedding in Rarotonga, or those that have been already been married in Rarotonga.
- Top tips for tropical brides (Tiare Films)
The secret to planning the perfect island wedding.
- Time/timezone: Cook Islands time is a day behind and 1 or 2 hours ahead of NZ time (varies depending on daylight savings in NZ).
We’re the same time zone as Hawaii.
Being closer to the equator there is no daylight savings in the Cooks.
The current date-time in Rarotonga, Cook Islands is:
Tue 16 Jan
- Tide Chart for Rarotonga
Enter a wedding date into the Time Control selector. The higher the tide the shorter the beach.
- Weather forecast for Rarotonga / Cook Islands (Cook Islands Meterological Service)
- Sunrise and sunset times for Rarotonga/Cook Islands
Handy when you’re planning ceremony and photoshoot times.
Our recommendation? Plan to start your ceremony 3:30-4:30pm - it's a bit cooler in the late afternoon and the light softens toward sunset for great photos and video.
Sunset times range from around 6pm in winter (June) to approx 7:30pm in summer (Dec).
- Surf Forecast (Rutaki Passage)
The Rutaki Passage forecast is a reasonable match for wedding venues including Muri Beach, Moana Sands, Rutaki Beach, The Rarotongan and Edgewater.
Wedding ceremony and reception venues in Rarotonga
Most of the larger resorts in Rarotonga provide wedding ceremony and reception venues. Many of the boutique and luxury accommodation providers also provide wedding packages that are suited to couples escaping to the islands for a private ceremony.
If you’re arranging your wedding through an independent wedding planner, your ceremony and reception may be at the same location (typically with dining under a marquee), or you and your guests may travel to a different location for your reception.
Independent wedding planners may also have access to exclusive private locations – see their websites for details.
Where available, the links below are to direct to venue wedding packages.
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Wedding Planners
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Wedding Celebrants
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Hair and Makeup Artists
Also see: ‘Hair and Beauty’ listings from Cook Islands Yellow Pages.
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Florists
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Wedding Cakes
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Wedding photographers/photography
- Angle Photo and Video, Ine and Tim Sosene
- Bianca Whittaker
- Blondie’s Photography (Aitutaki), Potini
- Island Booth - Photobooth
- Island Photo, William (Willie) Tuiravakai
- Melanie Cooper Photography, Melanie Cooper
- NCapture, Nathalie Ponga
- Nior Photography, Junior and Cheryl Marsters
- Picture Paradise, Jenna Tere
- Tiporo Wedding Photography Rarotonga, Aitutaki, Cook Islands, Justine Flanagan
- Turama Photography, Brie and Julian Zeman
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Wedding video / videographers
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Wedding Transport/transfers
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Party Hire: Chillers, Marquees, Tables and Chairs, Decor…
For PA/sound system hire, see: Reception Entertainment
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands DJs & Reception Entertainment
- DJ and PA: GDub (George Williams) / m. +682 54188 / email@example.com
- PA and karoke: Brian Morgan (Matman) / m +682 55921 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Island Booth - Photobooth / m. +682 71943
- Island Groove / live music: solo musician to 5-piece live band, string band, island serenader / Tani Mussell, email@example.com
- Kura Happ / acoustic soul / m. +682 70070 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leilani Happ / live music / m. +682 76199
- Tani and Rose (see Island Groove)
- Trigger Fish / band duo - Mo Newport and Kura Happ / m. +682 54461
List of Rarotonga / Cook Islands Miscellaneous Services